Humanitarian Travel Certificate
Volunteering abroad can be an exciting and rewarding adventure, however, cultural challenges can often impede a humanitarian travel mission if participants are not prepared.
The RWS Global Humanitarian Travel Certificate can be customized to the particular country and situation.
Unique elements of the RWS Global Business Certificate:
- It is built upon a successful intercultural training program that moves participants from awareness to competency and provides a proprietary “tool kit” for them to use throughout their experience abroad.
- It includes the CCAI – a nationally-used measure that lets individuals know where they might need special awareness training – and the online program is customized to each individual’s needs.
- It is a country-specific program that makes it directly relevant to each destination.
- It includes a special component of social interaction participants will interact appropriately abroad.
- It is an active program that includes monitored peer discussions. Participants will learn from each other as well as learning from the exercises, which satisfies the best pedagogical techniques.
Outcomes of the program:
- Participants will enhance their volunteer experience and intercultural social interactions by increasing their adaptability to other cultures.
- Participants will feel prepared for cultural differences prior to traveling to a foreign country.
- Quantitative Measures - Basement measurements of liability costs/occurrences, academic performance, retention rates (vs. Drop out)
- Qualitative Measures – Student evaluations (see examples)