Expat Training Certificate
International companies often utilize expatriates (expats) at their subsidiaries in foreign countries. Without proper intercultural training, expats may have difficulty adapting to their host country. Differing cultures and norms may impede everything from day-to-day business to a family's ability to communicate and operate logistically in a foreign culture.
The RWS Expat Training Certificate can be customized to the particular country and situation.
Unique elements of the RWS Online Certificate:
- It is built upon a successful intercultural training program that moves participants from awareness to competency and provides a proprietary “tool kit” for them to use throughout their experience abroad.
- It includes the CCAI – a nationally-used measure that lets individuals know where they might need special awareness training – and the online program is customized to each individual’s needs.
- It is a country-specific program that makes it directly relevant to each destination.
Outcomes of the program:
- Expats will enhance their work success and intercultural social interactions by increasing their adaptability to the culture.
- Companies will have reduced liability and increased profitability because of the specific preparation of their expat employees.
- Quantitative Measures - Basement measurements of liability costs/occurrences, academic performance, retention rates (vs. Drop out)
- Qualitative Measures – Student evaluations (see examples)