Study Abroad Certificate
Whether online or in a directed seminar, our intercultural training program prepares students to get the best from their study abroad experience.
Students may take the online certificate at their convenience, and the exercises will be monitored by experts with years of experience in preparing students for their study-abroad opportunities.
Unique elements of the RWS Certificate:
- It is built upon a successful intercultural training program that moves participants from awareness to competency and provides a proprietary “tool kit” for them to use throughout their experience abroad.
- It includes the CCAI – a nationally-used measure that lets individuals know where they might need special awareness training – and the online program is customized to each individual’s needs.
- It is a country-specific program that makes it directly relevant to each destination.
- It includes a special component of social interaction and alcohol consumption so students will interact appropriately abroad.
- It is an active program that includes monitored peer discussions. Students will learn from each other as well as learning from the exercises, which satisfies the best pedagogical techniques.
Outcomes of the program:
- Students will increase the success of their studies and have an “enhanced safe experience and leave a positive image” (ESLPI).
- Students will enhance their academic success by increasing their adaptability to the culture.
- Universities will have reduced liability because of the specific preparation of their students.
- Students will be able to use this certificate as they enter the workplace because businesses and other organizations are using this program to gain certificates for their employees. Our students will have an advantage.
- Quantitative Measures - Basement measurements of liability costs/occurrences, academic performance, retention rates (vs. Drop out)
- Qualitative Measures – Student evaluations (see examples)